Marketing agency MA1440 is happy to announce the formal addition of event marketing, planning and management services to its marketing and advertising services portfolio. Specifically, we now offer the following event coordination services for events in Chicago and the suburbs:
- End-to-end execution of in-person and virtual events requiring internal coordination and project management, pre-event communications, live event management and logistical oversight, and follow-up communications
- Full event management including budget planning and negotiations, vendor management, venue research and selection, timeline development, decor and styling, entertainment and on-site coordination
- Coordination and management of events of all sizes, complexity and attendees
We will offer our Event Planning services for a variety of event types, including but not limited to:
- Intimate events, such as VIP dinners and receptions
- High-visibility events including groundbreakings, grand openings and recognition events
- Large-scale events such as galas and company-wide celebrations
- Community and civic engagement events and initiatives
- Workplace giving events and philanthropic activities
- Virtual events such as panel discussions, fundraising engagements and other exciting experiences
- Company/organizational milestones and anniversaries
Spearheading our new event planning and management offerings is Nancy Swabb. With over 30 years of event planning and marketing and communications coordination experience, Nancy has a demonstrated history of success in the event planning space. Her expertise includes corporate, consumer, association, and nonprofit event planning in addition to marketing, fundraising and communications in a variety of professional settings.
Nancy has planned and executed numerous major events in the Chicagoland area, including:
- The high-profile grand opening of a public/private park in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood for 600+ guests featuring a Grammy-nominated musician
- Groundbreaking and grand opening events for a mixed-use development in Wrigleyville attended by many VIPs and elected officials
- A $5 billion Chicago corporation’s annual recognition celebration for 1,000 employees, rated the company’s “best ever” by attendees, as well as their annual recognition dinner, top-producers breakfast, annual kick-off event, and various training and education events
- High-end private grand openings for luxury residential properties in Chicago’s Loop, North Side and in the North Shore attended by business investors and partners, lenders, project team members and the media
- Three of the most high-profile real estate events that engage the industry’s top performers, from C-suite decision-makers to the most active brokers, developers, owners and investors
- The grand opening of a privately-developed, publicly accessible park in Chicago’s Lakeshore East neighborhood to showcase the site’s terraced lawns and sculptures
- The annual gala of a nationally-recognized performing arts center and school of dance that features dinner, performances, dancing and fundraising activities
Of the many events that Nancy has helped develop and coordinate over her professional career, perhaps the most impactful and successful was The L.A.T.E. Ride – the premier fundraiser hosted by Friends of the Parks, a citywide parks advocacy group. Launched in 1989, the event routinely attracted 9,000 bicyclists and raised a quarter-million dollars in event sponsorships and in-kind donations each year. The L.A.T.E. Ride was also voted “Best Chicago Bike Ride” by readers of Chicago Athlete magazine. Nancy also planned, promoted, and coordinated Friends of the Parks’ annual gala fundraiser featuring high-profile honorees from Chicago’s civic, cultural and arts communities, including Cindy Pritzker, Donna LaPietra, Bill Kurtis, John H. Bryan, Richard Driehaus and others.
While MA1440 has never formally advertised its event planning capabilities, we’ve provided those services for a number of our clients in the past. For 10 years, MA has helped coordinate the Lincoln Park Builders Real Estate Forum, an annual panel discussion and networking event that attracts hundreds of the most prominent real estate developers, brokers, owners and investors in the Chicago metropolitan area.
This past year, we also helped coordinate longtime client Liberty Coach’s 50-year anniversary celebrations, which included commemorative web promotion, logo creation, email and newsletter communications, signage, video content production to capture that moment, as well as montage video and presentation for the celebratory dinner and rally.
As pandemic restrictions continue to lift, we expect to see a steady return to in-person event-going and an increase in networking efforts. If your company is interested in getting back to the swing of things by hosting a corporate event, contact us at 847.247.1440 or at mike@MA1440.com.